adapted from The Quarter of Six Cookbook
4 slices ham
1 Tbsp butter
16 oz can peach slices in juice, undrained
½ small jar maraschino cherries, drained (optional)
½ cup brown sugar
1 tsp cinnamon
- Melt butter in a large skillet.
- Add fruit, sugar & cinnamon. Cook until thickened.
- Add ham & heat through.
- The cookbook said to cook the ham & then add the other ingredients, but I think this dries out the ham too much. They also drained the peaches, but since I buy canned fruit in juice instead of syrup, I leave in the juice to make more sauce.
- The sauce is wonderful over baked sweet potatoes.
- I prefer it without the cherries.