adapted from Better Homes and Gardens’ “Fast & Simple Stir-Fry”
12 oz chicken, cut in 1″ slices
2 Tbsp soy sauce
1 Tbsp honey
1 Tbsp sherry
1 tsp cornstarch
1/2 tsp five-spice powder
oil for stir-frying
2 tsp ginger, fresh or crystallized, minced or grated
4 cloves garlic, sliced or minced
2 med onions, cut into thin wedges
2 med zucchini, halved & sliced
- Stir soy sauce, honey, sherry, cornstarch & five-spice powder together.
- Pour oil into skillet or wok to coat lightly. Preheat over med-high heat.
- Stir-fry ginger and garlic for 15 seconds.
- Add onions, stir-fry for 3-4 minutes, or until crisp-tender. Remove from pan.
- Add zucchini, stir-fry for 3-4 minutes, or until crisp-tender. Remove from pan.
- Add chicken, stir-fry for 2-3 minutes, or until no longer pink. Push to edge of pan.
- Stir sauce & add to center of pan. Cook & stir until thick & bubbly.
- Return onions & zucchini to pan. Stir all ingredients together to coat with sauce. Cook & stir for 1-2 minutes more or until heated thru.
- Serve with rice.
- This is good using a chili-flavored oil for stir-frying.
- You can substitute other vegetables for the zucchini.