My Dad introduced these to me years ago (we won’t say how long ago), but now scientists says they are good for you, too! Yeah!!!
Bananas may not be a major brain food, but they offer significant doses of vitamins B6 and C — both of which may promote brain health. Plus, dark chocolate increases blood flow to the brain as well as to the heart, so it can help improve cognitive function. Dark chocolate also helps reduce your risk of stroke.
This is a lower fat version, using frozen bananas instead of ice cream.
1 frozen banana
1 cup milk
1 Tbsp cocoa powder
honey to taste
- Combine all ingredients in blender, blend until smooth.
- You can add one or more of the following:
- 2 Tbsp malted milk powder
- 2 Tbsp creamy peanut butter
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/4 tsp cinnamon
- dash cayenne pepper
- 1 tsp. espresso powder
- Substitute soy or almond milk.
- Substitute agave nectar or maple syrup for the honey.