recipe courtesy of Judy Trimarchi
2 lb ground beef
2 large onions, coarsely chopped
2 cloves garlic, minced
8 med potatoes, coarsely chopped
- Put a tea kettle of water on to heat up.
- Brown ground beef until fairly brown, keeping pieces fairly large.
- Towards end of browning process, throw in onions.
- When onions are soft, add garlic. Cook for 1-2 minutes.
- Add potatoes to pan and add water to cover the potatoes.
- Salt to taste. Check the salt again during the cooking process as potatoes absorb a lot of salt as they cook.
- Bring to a low boil and cook until the potatoes are done but not falling apart.
- Serve in a shallow bowl, mash the potatoes when eating and let them absorb the broth.
- Feeds 6-8
- Judy says “the browner the meat, the better the broth”
- I add fresh ground black pepper, also.