Lyn Ortega, Albuquerque, New Mexico (1980)
Lyn was a friend of my mother’s – a fun person and a wonderful cook.
2 cloves garlic, minced
1 cup green chile, roasted, peeled and chopped
5 tomatoes, diced
1 med onion, chopped
1# chicken breast, cooked & shredded
1 pint sour cream
1/2 lb grated cheddar or cheddar/jack blend
12 corn tortillas or 8 flour tortillas
- Combine garlic, chile, tomatoes & onion in a saucepan. Cook until onions are tender & sauce is thickened.
- Combine chicken, cheese & sour cream. Fill tortillas with mixture & roll up. Top with sauce & sprinkle with more cheese.
- Bake at 350 until browned & bubbly, about 30 minutes (45 min if refrigerated before cooking).
- Serve with sour cream.
- You can substitute 1 can diced tomatoes, undrained.
- I use nonfat sour cream or plain yogurt.