these little puffs were a big hit at my wedding reception
1/4 lb mushrooms, minced
1 Tbsp butter
8 oz cream cheese
1 tsp onion, minced
milk or cream
salt & pepper, to taste
- Cut 1/2 – 1″ rounds from bread. Toast on one side. Set aside.
- Saute mushrooms in 1 Tbsp butter. Cool.
- Blend cream cheese with onion and mushrooms. Stir in enough milk or cream to make it easy to spread.
- Salt & pepper to taste.
- Spread untoasted side of bread rounds with butter, then with mushroom mixture.
- Refrigerate or freeze until ready to use.
- To serve, place under broiler until puffy and browned, about 2 minutes.
- I made tiny ones for the reception, but the larger ones take less time if you are serving only a few people.