This is a recipe that my mother, Sherry Salvage ReVeal Bradley, had for years – I do not know where she got it.
The original recipe was called Cheeseburger Loaf, but I never put the cheese on it. I also use less ground beef because I like my meatloaf a little softer than the typical one.
1 lb ground beef
1 can cream of mushroom soup
1/2 cup oatmeal
1/2 cup onion, chopped
1 Tbsp Worcestershire sauce
1 large egg
1 tsp salt (optional)
- Heat oven to 350 F.
- Combine all ingredients and mix thoroughly – I usually do it by hand.
- Put into a deep casserole dish.
- Bake for about 1 hour or until browned and bubbly.
- My favorite way to eat this is with a baked potato. I split open the potato, spoon the meatloaf over it, and mash it into the potato.
- You can substitute bread crumbs for the oatmeal.