I wrote this recipe out from a magazine, but unfortunately, I did not make note of the magazine name. I love this creamy, spicy sauce with pasta.
1 cup salsa
1/2 cup sour cream
1 tsp chipotle pepper, minced
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 lb chicken, cooked & cubed
2 cups tomatoes, diced
1/2 cup green onions, sliced
1/4 cup cilantro, chopped
2 avocados, chopped
1 lb pasta, cooked & drained
- Combine salsa, sour cream & chipotles.
- Combine chicken, tomatoes, onions, cilantro & avocado.
- Toss salsa mixture, chicken mixture & pasta.
- I usually use yogurt in place of sour cream.
- I like to use farfalle (bow-tie) pasta for this recipe, but you can use any short pasta.
- You can reserve some of the salsa mixture to be added separately if this is too hot for some.