recipe adapted from Pet-Ritz recipe published in the late 70s
2 – 10″ pie crusts
1 lb ground beef
1 onion, chopped
8 oz mushrooms, sliced
1 can beef broth
1 tsp Worcestershire sauce
2 tsp parsley, chopped
1/2 cup red wine
3 Tbsp flour
3 Tbsp water
- Heat oven to 400 F.
- Put 1 pie crust in a 10″ pie pan.
- Brown ground beef, onion and mushrooms. Drain.
- Stir in broth, Worcestershire & wine.
- Mix flour & water. Add to beef mixture.
- Simmer until thickened, stirring occasionally.
- Pour into pie crust. Top with remaining crust. Seal edges & cut slits in top.
- Bake for 25 minutes or until browned.
- Serves 4-6.
- Tastes like beef burgundy.