adapted from Baltic Maid
I decreased the salt and increased the cayenne
1-2 Tbsp olive oil
1 clove garlic, grated
2-3 sweet potatoes, about 1 1/2 lb
1/2 tsp sweet paprika
1/2 tsp ground cumin
1/4 tsp black pepper
1/4 tsp salt
1/8 tsp cinnamon
1/8 tsp ground ginger
1/8 tsp ground cayenne
- Preheat oven to 450°F.
- Combine the olive oil and garlic, set aside.
- Wash, peel and cut the sweet potatoes into sticks that are about 1/3 of an inch thick.
- Place the potatoes into a bowl. Pour the oil and garlic mixture over the sweet potatoes and toss until evenly coated.
Stir together the paprika, cumin, pepper, salt, cinnamon, ginger and cayenne. Sprinkle over sweet potatoes, and toss until evenly distributed.
- Place the potatoes onto a lightly oiled baking sheet in a single layer, trying not too crowd them too much.
- Bake for 20 minutes, turn over and bake for another 10-15 minutes or until they are crispy on the outside.