adapted by Marissa Davis Hefner
from Linda on Allrecipes.com
1 cup milk
1 1/2 cups shredded Cheddar cheese, divided
1/4 cup finely chopped onion
1 Tablespoon olive oil
4-6 oz ham, chopped (about 1 cup)
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon dry mustard
1/4 teaspoon paprika
10 oz frozen chopped spinach, defrosted and drained
2 – 9″ unbaked pie shells (not deep dish)
- In a large bowl, beat eggs; whisk in milk, 1 cup cheese, salt, mustard and paprika.
- Saute onions until tender, add spinach and ham, cook a few minutes longer. Let cool.
- Sprinkle 1/4 cup of cheese onto each pie shell, bake for 5 minutes, or until cheese is melted.
- Combine egg mixture with onion mixture, pour into pie shells.
- Bake at 400 degrees F for 25 minutes or until a knife inserted halfway between the center and the edge comes out clean.
- This can also be made in muffin cups with no crust.