adapted from Family Spice
I halved the salt and doubled the garlic & chili powder.
Swiss chard leaves
extra-virgin olive oil
1/4 tsp salt
1/4 tsp garlic powder
1/4 tsp chili powder (not ground chile)
- Preheat oven to 275ºF.
- Remove chard stems and cut leaves into 2″ x 2″ pieces.
- Place a cooling rack into a baking sheet. Place cut leaves in one layer on the rack.
- Spray with oil.
- Combine salt, garlic & chile powder. Sprinkle over chard.
- Bake for 15 minutes, then turn leaves over and bake until crisp, up to an additional 20 minutes, depending on the size & thickness of the chard pieces.
- Let chard chips cool and serve.
- Using the cooling rack will let the heat go all around the chips, cooking them faster and more evenly.
- You can substitute kale for the chard.
- Do not store in sealed container (if you have any left) – they will get soft. If this happens you can crisp them in the oven for about 5 minutes.