this is a recipe that my mother, Sherry Salvage ReVeal Bradley, has had for years – I do not know where she got it
2 lb 80% lean ground beef
2 onions, chopped
8 oz mushrooms, sauteed in 1 Tbsp butter
1/2 tsp chili powder (not ground chile)
3 drops Tabasco sauce
2 tsp Worcestershire sauce
1 tsp garlic powder
1/2 cup white wine
salt & pepper, to taste
6 slices bacon
- Mix all ingredients, except bacon and paprika. Shape into 6 – 3/4″ thick patties.
- Wrap bacon around patties. Secure with toothpicks.
- Sprinkle patties with paprika.
- Cook over hot coals until desired doneness.
- Grilling times from Addicted to Grilling
Medium Rare (130-135° F): Grill for 3 minutes, flip, grill for 4 more minutes.Medium (135-150° F): Grill for 3 minutes, flip, grill for 5 more minutes.
Medium Well (150-165° F): Grill for 3 minutes, flip, grill for 6 more minutes.
Well Done (165° F and up): Grill for 3 minutes, flip, grill for 7 more minutes.