The creamy, spicy sauce from Southwestern Chicken Pasta also makes a great salad. Great for hot summer days.
1 cup salsa
1/2 cup plain yogurt or sour cream
1 tsp chipotle pepper, minced
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 lb chicken, cooked & cubed
2 cups tomatoes, diced
1/2 cup green onions, sliced
1/4 cup cilantro, chopped
2 avocados, chopped
salad greens – optional
- Combine salsa, sour cream & chipotles.
- Combine chicken, tomatoes, onions, cilantro & avocado.
- Toss salsa mixture & chicken mixture.
- Serve alone or over a bed of greens.
- I usually use yogurt in place of sour cream.
- You can reserve some of the salsa mixture to be added separately if this is too hot for some.